My Calendar

click the image for full view.







This is how I view the calendar in a year...
This is just how I see things and the seasons over and over every year.

To understand and read the calendar, you have to read it in counter-clockwise.

This calendar represents the climate of the Philippines and some events found in my home town Cebu City.
This calendar exists in my mind since I was in grade school, but it was when I’m in High school that it is pretty clear in my head. But it’s just this year that I decided to draw this from my head and share to everyone.

The color of the months represents on how I see them... (Somewhat like synaesthesia)
As you can observe the calendar, it is divided into half, the upper and the lower.
The upper half represents summer season, that's why it's kinda light and yellow, and where it is the hottest part of the year in our country... It's also the time where we go to the beach and have vacation and the time where there are no classes. (‘Cause classes here usually starts on the month of June and ends up on March on the next year.)

The lower part represents rainy season, that's why it's dark and kinda matches the color of a nimbus clouds... This is also the time where typhoons are formed and enters in our country... and where classes are going on in a year.

The symbols in the calendar also represent the common events found in a calendar year, like the Christmas season, Halloween, The Sinulog festival in our City and etc…

I decided to put the night sky in the background of the calendar to represent the positioning of the earth in our solar system or the solstice and mainly because this is how I see the night sky every year.

The constellation Orion and the Big Dipper is the only constellation you can really identify here because, it is the only constellations that you can easily identify and are pretty clear during the night.

The constellations can only be seen in our naked eye within the months where it is positioned in the calendar of the year.




Anyway this might help other people view their calendar in another way...

Comments